BaseCamp® is an innovative anxiety program for children aged 7 to 12 years. Developed by Clinical Psychologist, Dr Kathryn Berry, and the Quirky Kid team, BaseCamp® draws on decades of experience, combining a sound theoretical cognitive-behavioural approach with effective, engaging and child-centred activities.
BaseCamp® is based in a fictional Australian National Park. Children are invited on a journey to explore themed settings, team up with a support crew of experienced guides and interact with park animals, all intended to help them tackle the challenges of managing and overcoming anxiety.
The program provides participants with a concise and engaging set of materials to help them build a repertoire of anxiety management skills and to support the development of essential social and emotional learning (SEL) skills for children aged 7 to 12 years.
The program covers
- Understanding Worry, Anxiety, and its components.
- Practice cognitive restructuring techniques to develop more realistic and helpful ways of thinking about the situations and events that make them anxious.
- Implement guided graded exposure exercises to develop coping strategies and to develop more realistic views about overcoming worries.
- Practice relaxation techniques to reduce overall arousal levels and the physiological tension typically associated with anxiety.
- Learn relapse prevention techniques to consolidate on anxiety-management techniques and learn how to generate an action plan when difficulties are confronted.
Conducted each school term, the program includes:
- 4 fortnightly 2 hour sessions for a maximum of 6 participants.
- Parent consultations (phone) before and after the program
- A beautiful workbook featuring interactive activities, facts, fieldwork, and stories.
- Email updates with key program content and suggestions for home and school
- Next Program – for children ages 7-8 years
- Start Date: Week 1, Term 2, 2019
- 4 fortnightly sessions
- Time: Alternate Saturdays 1-3pm
- Cost: $740
- Address: 4-5/33 Tallebudgera Creek Rd, West Burleigh, QLD 4219
If you are unsure if Basecamp is the right program for your child please contact us before booking
By registering you accept the Terms and Conditions.
Register your interest
Register your interest in this program here.